What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. Cookies usually store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalisation of content, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, all with the aim of adapting the content of the website to your profile and needs
What cookies do we use and for what purpose?
Cookies are small files that are temporarily stored on the hard disk, providing information about navigation and helping the User to achieve a high degree of satisfaction. They also help us to identify the most visited sections of the website on the Internet, so that we can adapt the contents of the website precisely to the needs of the user. Cookies also allow us to know if our website has already been visited by the User. The information generated by the cookie about you is only stored if you allow it (for example, to simplify access to a site protected by the use of a user name and password, so that you do not have to enter your user name and password every time you want to enter).
What types of cookies are available:
There are different types of cookies, which can be classified according to their purpose in obtaining information about the user:
- Technical Cookies: These allow the user to navigate through a website and use the different options or services available on it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, carrying out the purchase process, requesting registration or participation in an event or using security elements during navigation.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites and to draw up navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service
- Advertising cookies: These allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a web page from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies:They allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, in their case, the publisher has included in a web page from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Laura Luelmo- arte visual uses the following types of cookies:
- Google Analytics:
It is an analysis tool provided by the company Google Inc. to obtain information and analyze the accesses made by users to our website.
Some of the data that are stored are the number of times a User visits the website, dates of the User’s first and last visit, duration of the visits, from which page the User accessed the website, which browser was used to reach the website, etc.
The configuration of these cookies is predetermined by the service offered by Google, so we suggest that you consult the Google Analytics privacy page by clicking on the following link https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html?hl=es
- Social networking:
Each social network uses its own cookies to enable you to click on buttons such as Like or Share.
The User may allow, block or deactivate the cookies installed on his/her computer by configuring the web browser on his/her computer or mobile device. The configuration of Internet browsers is usually set by default to accept Cookies, but they can easily be disabled by changing the browser settings.
Many cookies are used to improve the usability or functionality of the websites/applications, therefore, if the User decides to disable cookies, it is possible that some functionalities of the Services may not work properly or their quality may be affected. Alternatively, if the User does not wish the data to be collected as described in this clause, the User must cease to use the Services.
The User can choose which cookies he wants to work on this website by:
The browser settings:
Other third party tools that allow users to detect cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation.
However, please note that blocking cookies may affect some or all of the website’s functionality.
What happens if I turn off Cookies?
To help you understand the extent to which you can disable cookies, here are some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as is often the case in online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as My Account or My Profile.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You will not be able to write on the blog, upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The website will also not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising income of the website.